Daewoo Lift Truck
Forklift Training and Forklift Safety:
Forklift safety training is the responsibility of the employer. It is in the best interest of the employer to spend money on forklift training for all the staff. Improperly used forklifts can cause damage to your property. Companies can be sued if there are injuries. It's worthwhile to ensure that anyone operating a forklift is properly trained to do so.
The best way to ensure safe forklift use is to require each employee to attend a forklift training program.
All employees should be aware of forklift basics. Safety information must be provided in the form of handouts, and posted in warning signs and posters. The following are several important forklift safety and training tips:
1) Every worker should be licensed to utilize a forklift. Never take risks with such huge machinery. Forklift training must be taken very seriously.
2) Forklift operators must always use seat belts. Just because the forklift moves slowly doesn't mean that seat belts can be ignored. Accidents are less likely to cause personal injuries when seat belts are worn.
3) A system wherein staff report instances of damage or mechanical problems must be established. As the employer, you need to create an effective and efficient reporting system which is really easy to figure out. Employees must be trained correctly in forklift basics so that they could detect and report issues when they happen.
4) Staff must be trained how to lean away from the turn, and stay inside the cab even if there is danger of overturning. Employees must not jump out. That's the best way to avoid serious injury.
5) Workers should be trained about the weight capacity limit of the forklift. A major cause of forklift mishaps is related to tip overs caused by lifting too big a load. Staff should be well aware of how much they could safely lift. A tip over can damage the entire forklift. Overloading is the biggest safety mistake a worker could make.
- Nissan Pneumatic Tire Forklift
What is the Distinction between Pneumatic Tire and Cushion Tire? Determining the distinction between cushion tire forklifts and ... More
- Genie Straight Boom Lifts
The S-boom telescopic booms by Genie have been equipped with an ability to work in heights of 14.20 meters to 40.15 meters and a reach ... More
- Combi Lift Multi Directional Forklifts
The Combi-CB is a combination side-loader and forklift which is safe, efficient, very manoeuvrable, and cost effective. This ... More
- Yale Narrow Aisle Forklifts
Yale is a leading manufacturer of zero emissions electric forklifts in the North American Market. The company was among the first to ... More
- Haulotte Aerial Work Platforms
The corporation Pinguely-Haulotte was just named the Haulotte Group during the year 2005. The name change was the first time in 124 ... More